Is it just me, or does it feel like news about blockchain and cryptocurrency seems to travel faster than the speed of light? It is a full-time job keeping up. Literally. So I’ve decided to post a weekly curated list of current legal issues and events in blockchain and crypto.
If you’re new to this exciting, fast-developing space, check out the introductory video under the latest #EvansontheBlock blockchain news. Follow me on Twitter at @CryptoSmartEsq (my blockchain and crypto-focused feed) and @IPProfEvans (my intellectual property-focused feed) and #EvansontheBlock for daily legal bits & bytes.
- Everything You Were Afraid to Ask About Crypto Taxes (CoinDesk.com)
- China filed the most blockchain-related patents in 2017 (Cointelegraph.com)
- Moving towards blockchain registration control of IP (NextBigFuture)
Government, Legislation & Regulation
- Global Blockchain Business Council visits New Hampshire State House
- Tennessee Passes Bill Recognizing Blockchain, Smart Contracts For Electronic Transactions
- Massachusetts halts 5 ICOs on “unregistered securities” grounds (CoinDesk.com)
- Australia seeks guidance on taxing cryptocurrency (CoinTelegraph)
New to blockchain and cryptocurrency?
Watch this fantastic video. This 22 minutes just might change your life!