Upcoming Events & Presentations
August 24, 2018
- Panelist and Moderator, Voice of Blockchain Conference August 24-25 (Navy Pier-Chicago, IL). This conference was created by the Chicago Blockchain Project to reclaim the voice of blockchain.
September 10, 2018
September 13-14, 2018
- Panelist, Boston Token Fest (Seaport World Trade Center, Boston, MA).
September 21, 2018
- Panelist, SMU Dedman School of Law Intellectual Property Symposium. The theme of this year’s symposium is Disruptive Ideas and Emerging Technology. Keynote speakers include Karyn Temple, Acting Register of Copyrights, and James Smith, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Ecolab (Dallas, TX).
September 24-26, 2018
- Panelist, Blockchain Game Summit (Lyon, France).
October 1, 2018
- Featured speaker, Women in Blockchain Meetup, at the University Paris II Panthéon-Assas (Paris, France). Professor Evans will address students, professors, attorneys and in-house counsel about intellectual property issues and digital scarcity on blockchains.
October 4, 2018
- Presenter, World Intellectual Property Organization Lunchtime Learning (Geneva, CH) (internal presentation re: IP & Blockchain)
October 18, 2018
- Presenter, BYU Copyright and Trademark Symposium, Cryptokitties, Cryptography & Copyright (Provo, UT). The paper will be published in the BYU Copyright and Trademark Symposium Issue of the American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journal.
October 20, 2018
- Speaker, 100 Years of Copyright Festival (Berlin, Germany). Professor Evans will about perspectives in global music copyright. The “100 Years” refers to the shaping of copyright with the development of the cultural industry, recording technologies, and mass media, as well as the globalization of copyright.
October 25-26, 2018
- Organizer & Speaker, IP Mosaic Conference-IP Unbundled: Theory, Policy, and Practice (UNH Law, Concord, NH)
November 26-29, 2018
- Presenter, Christa McAuliffe Transforming, Teaching, & Technology Conference (CMTC) (Manchester, NH). Professor Evans will present “Educating Educators about Blockchain” on Wednesday, November 28th.
January 4, 2018
- Panelist, Association for American Law Schools (AALS) Annual Meeting Trusts & Estates Section Panel: “Historical and Empirical Evidence and the Law of Trusts and Estates: What Really Happened?”. Professor Evans will present her paper, Statutory Heirs Apparent?: Reclaiming Copyright in the Age of Author-Controlled, Author-Benefiting Transfers, 119 W. Va. L. Rev. 297 (2016).
January 31, 2018
- Presentation at the law offices of Tilleke & Gibbins (Bangkok, Thailand) re: Copyright Issues in the Financial & Insurance Services – Fintech, Blockchain and Encryption.
February 1-2, 2018
- Presentation at the Annual Meeting of Licensing Executives Society (LES)-Thailand re: Copyright Issues in the Financial & Insurance Services – Fintech, Blockchain and Encryption.
February 8, 2018
- Panelist, New England Chapter of the Copyright Society of the USA: IP Meets T/E: The Intersection of Copyright & Estates Law, Northeastern University School of Law
March 9-16, 2018
- Workshop Organizer and Presenter, South by Southwest (SxSW): RegisterRight!: The ABCs of Protecting Your IP
April 19, 2018
- Panelist, IP Issues in Blockchain Technology Implementation: What Every Executive & Business Owner Needs to Know (Miami, FL) Rokk3r Labs.
May 4-6, 2018
- Presenter, The New Music Ecosystem, University of Washington School of Law. Presentation of a book chapter-in-progress titled The Disintermediarization of Media. The focus of these remarks is on blockchain technology’s disruption of creation, management, licensing, and distribution of content the music industry.
May 31, 2018
- Panelist, Inaugural Patientory Stiftung Blockchain in Healthcare Summit (Atlanta, GA) (Legal Landscape for Blockchain)
June 14, 2018
- Panelist, “Crypto & the Law” Yahoo Finance All Markets Summit with Grant Fondo, Esq., (Goodwin Digital Currency + Blockchain Practice), at the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center (San Francisco, CA)
July 11-15, 2018
- Panelist, Lutie Lytle Black Women Faculty Workshop & Writing Retreat at SMU Deadman School of Law (Dallas, TX)
- Developing Your Brand and a “Side Hustle”
- Blockchain Technology: Smart Contracts, Wallets, Mining and Cryptocurrencies
July 17, 2018
Attendee, Local Action for Global Commitments event at the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF), hosted by Local2030 and the Global Taskforce of Local and Regional Governments. United Nations NYC Headquarters.
International Telecommunications Union Focus Group-Digital Fiat Currency (FG-DFC) Pre-Event, Introduction to Digital Fiat Currency Institute and Workshop on Standardizing DFC & Its Current Application.
August 9, 2018
- Panelist, 2018 SEALS Annual Conference August 5-11: Blockchain and the Law (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
August 10, 2018
- Plenary Presenter, Intellectual Property Scholars Conference (IPSC) August 9-10, Cryptokitties, Cryptography & Copyright, Berkeley Law (Berkeley, CA)