June 14, 2018
- Panelist, “Crypto & the Law” Yahoo Finance All Markets Summit with Grant Fondo, Esq., (Goodwin Digital Currency + Blockchain Practice), at the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center (San Francisco, CA)
Tickets + Live Stream: YahooAMS
June, 16-19 2018
- Attendee, Blockchain Economic Forum 2018 (San Francisco, CA)
July 11-15, 2018
- Panelist, Lutie Lytle Black Women Faculty Workshop & Writing Retreat (SMU Deadman School of Law, TX)
- Developing Your Brand and a “Side Hustle”
- Blockchain Technology: Smart Contracts, Wallets, Mining and Cryptocurrencies
August 9, 2018
- Panelist, 2018 SEALS Annual Conference August 5-11: Blockchain and the Law (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
August 10, 2018
- Plenary Presenter, Intellectual Property Scholars Conference (IPSC) August 9-10, Cryptokitties, Cryptography & Copyright, Berkeley Law (Berkeley, CA)
September 20, 2018
- Presenter, World Intellectual Property Organization Lunchtime Learning (Geneva, CH) (internal presentation re: IP & Blockchain)
January 4, 2018
- Panelist, Association for American Law Schools (AALS) Annual Meeting Trusts & Estates Section Panel: “Historical and Empirical Evidence and the Law of Trusts and Estates: What Really Happened?”. Professor Evans will present her paper, Statutory Heirs Apparent?: Reclaiming Copyright in the Age of Author-Controlled, Author-Benefiting Transfers, 119 W. Va. L. Rev. 297 (2016).
January 31, 2018
- Presentation at the law offices of Tilleke & Gibbins (Bangkok, Thailand) re: Copyright Issues in the Financial & Insurance Services – Fintech, Blockchain and Encryption.
February 1-2, 2018
- Presentation at the Annual Meeting of Licensing Executives Society (LES)-Thailand re: Copyright Issues in the Financial & Insurance Services – Fintech, Blockchain and Encryption.
February 8, 2018
- Panelist, New England Chapter of the Copyright Society of the USA: IP Meets T/E: The Intersection of Copyright & Estates Law, Northeastern University School of Law
March 9-16, 2018
- Workshop Organizer and Presenter, South by Southwest (SxSW): RegisterRight!: The ABCs of Protecting Your IP
April 19, 2018
- Panelist, IP Issues in Blockchain Technology Implementation: What Every Executive & Business Owner Needs to Know (Miami, FL) Rokk3r Labs.
May 4-6, 2018
- Presenter, The New Music Ecosystem, University of Washington School of Law. Presentation of a book chapter-in-progress titled The Disintermediarization of Media. The focus of these remarks is on blockchain technology’s disruption of creation, management, licensing, and distribution of content the music industry.
May 31, 2018
- Panelist, Inaugural Patientory Stiftung Blockchain in Healthcare Summit (Atlanta, GA) (Legal Landscape for Blockchain)