Upcoming Events & Presentations
Last updated: February 19, 2019
February 22, 2019
- Panelist, Wayne State Law Review Symposium: “The Emerging Blockchain and the Law” (with essay to follow, The Role of International Rules in Blockchain-Based Cross-Border Disputes) (Detroit, MI). Other panelists include Professors Aaron Wright and Carla Reyes.
February 28, 2019
- “The Art of the Startup“, sponsored by StartOut-Boston, which connects and educates LGBTQ entrepreneurs to empower great leaders and businesses. Register now (6:00-9:30, for panel and networking opportunity).
March 6, 2019
- Organizer and Panelist, South by Southwest EDU (Austin, TX): Educating Educators about Blockchain
March 16, 2019
- Organizer and Panelist, South by Southwest (Austin, TX): IP, Brand and Blockchain: Business on the Block
March 28, 2019
- Panelist, Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal Spring 2019 Symposium: Digital Art. Professor Evans will join a panel that explores and critiques how blockchain art and digital collectibles have changed art law (essay that extends her work in Cryptokitties, Cryptography and Copyright to follow).
April 5-6, 2019
- Panelist, Seton Hall University Law School’s Institute for Privacy Protection Spring Conference, Privacy Power, & Ethics. Professor Evans will present “Public Records, Privacy & Security on the Blockchain: Ethical Considerations of Web 3.0”. In this presentation, Professor Evans will explore the benefits of blockchains as a tamper-resistant, censorship-resistant, public repository for public record data and other types of authentic and certified information and promising governmental use cases that, despite their promise, implicate privacy and security concerns.
May 3, 2019 | 8:30 am – 4:30 pm EST
- Speaker, HUE Tech Summit (Phila. PA). In keeping with the HUE “No More Hidden Figures” mantra, the 2019 theme for the summit is one word: FORTITUDE.
January 4, 2018
- Panelist, Association for American Law Schools (AALS) Annual Meeting Trusts & Estates Section Panel: “Historical and Empirical Evidence and the Law of Trusts and Estates: What Really Happened?”. Professor Evans will present her paper, Statutory Heirs Apparent?: Reclaiming Copyright in the Age of Author-Controlled, Author-Benefiting Transfers, 119 W. Va. L. Rev. 297 (2016).
January 31, 2018
- Presentation at the law offices of Tilleke & Gibbins (Bangkok, Thailand) re: Copyright Issues in the Financial & Insurance Services – Fintech, Blockchain and Encryption.
February 1-2, 2018
- Presentation at the Annual Meeting of Licensing Executives Society (LES)-Thailand re: Copyright Issues in the Financial & Insurance Services – Fintech, Blockchain and Encryption.
February 8, 2018
- Panelist, New England Chapter of the Copyright Society of the USA: IP Meets T/E: The Intersection of Copyright & Estates Law, Northeastern University School of Law
March 9-16, 2018
- Workshop Organizer and Presenter, South by Southwest (SxSW): RegisterRight!: The ABCs of Protecting Your IP
April 19, 2018
- Panelist, IP Issues in Blockchain Technology Implementation: What Every Executive & Business Owner Needs to Know (Miami, FL) Rokk3r Labs.
May 4-6, 2018
- Presenter, The New Music Ecosystem, University of Washington School of Law. Presentation of a book chapter-in-progress titled The Disintermediarization of Media. The focus of these remarks is on blockchain technology’s disruption of creation, management, licensing, and distribution of content the music industry.
May 31, 2018
- Panelist, Inaugural Patientory Stiftung Blockchain in Healthcare Summit (Atlanta, GA) (Legal Landscape for Blockchain)
June 14, 2018
- Panelist, “Crypto & the Law” Yahoo Finance All Markets Summit with Grant Fondo, Esq., (Goodwin Digital Currency + Blockchain Practice), at the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center (San Francisco, CA)
July 11-15, 2018
- Panelist, Lutie Lytle Black Women Faculty Workshop & Writing Retreat at SMU Deadman School of Law (Dallas, TX)
- Developing Your Brand and a “Side Hustle”
- Blockchain Technology: Smart Contracts, Wallets, Mining and Cryptocurrencies
July 17, 2018
Attendee, Local Action for Global Commitments event at the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF), hosted by Local2030 and the Global Taskforce of Local and Regional Governments. United Nations NYC Headquarters.
International Telecommunications Union Focus Group-Digital Fiat Currency (FG-DFC) Pre-Event, Introduction to Digital Fiat Currency Institute and Workshop on Standardizing DFC & Its Current Application.
August 9, 2018
- Panelist, 2018 SEALS Annual Conference August 5-11: Blockchain and the Law (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
August 10, 2018
- Plenary Presenter, Intellectual Property Scholars Conference (IPSC) August 9-10, Cryptokitties, Cryptography & Copyright, Berkeley Law (Berkeley, CA)
August 24, 2018
- Panelist and Moderator, Voice of Blockchain Conference August 24-25 (Navy Pier-Chicago, IL). This conference was created by the Chicago Blockchain Project to reclaim the voice of blockchain.
September 13, 2018
September 13-14, 2018
- Moderator, Boston Token Fest (Seaport World Trade Center, Boston, MA).
September 21, 2018
- Panelist, SMU Dedman School of Law Intellectual Property Symposium. The theme of this year’s symposium is Disruptive Ideas and Emerging Technology. Keynote speakers include Karyn Temple, Acting Register of Copyrights, and James Smith, Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Ecolab (Dallas, TX).
September 24-25, 2018
- Panelist, Without Borders, Who Rules?: Arbitration and Legal Recourse in a Decentralized World at the Grand Hyatt during the United Nations General Assembly
October 3, 2018
- Roundtable discussion, hosted in Geneva by the International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD), on the issue of disruptive technologies and trade for sustainable development. Professor Evans will share remarks about the impact of blockchain technology on IP and international trade.
October 4, 2018
- Presenter, World Intellectual Property Organization Lunchtime Learning (Geneva, CH) (internal presentation re: IP & Blockchain)
October 18, 2018
- Presenter, BYU Copyright and Trademark Symposium, Cryptokitties, Cryptography & Copyright (Provo, UT). The paper will be published in the BYU Copyright and Trademark Symposium Issue of the American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journal.
October 20, 2018
- Speaker, 100 Years of Copyright Festival (Berlin, Germany). Professor Evans will speak about perspectives in global music copyright. The “100 Years” refers to the shaping of copyright with the development of the cultural industry, recording technologies, and mass media, as well as the globalization of copyright.
October 25-26, 2018
- Organizer & Speaker, IP Mosaic Conference-IP Unbundled: Theory, Policy, and Practice (UNH Law, Concord, NH).
November 26-29, 2018
- Presenter, Christa McAuliffe Transforming, Teaching, & Technology Conference (CMTC) (Manchester, NH). Professor Evans will present “Educating Educators about Blockchain” on Wednesday, November 28th.
November 29, 2018
- Speaker, New Hampshire Bar-Intellectual Property Section meeting (Concord, NH). Professor Evans will provide a general overview about blockchain technology and conducting IP audits.
December 1-4, 2018
- Speaker, Blockland Cleveland (OH). Professor Evans will give an overview about “Who Needs Blockchain & Why?”. This session will cover blockchain history, cryptocurrency and smart contracts basics, and an provide an overview of related legal issues.
January 19, 2019
Moderator, The Coloring of Law and Punishment panel at 2:00 p.m. in the UNH Law Rudman Center. The event is in partnership with The Black Heritage Trail of NH and NH Humanities. This event is a conversation about the consequences of incarceration on New Hampshire communities of color.
February 1-4, 2019
- Satoshi Roundtable
February 5, 2019
- Panelist, Women in Blockchain Event (Boston Chapter): Blockchain 101 Across Industries with networking opportunity to follow.