Upcoming Events & Presentations
Last updated: April 16, 2019
April 24-25, 2019
- Nominee, Enterprise Blockchain “Ecosystem Leadership” Award (Toronto, Canada). Honoring the foremost thinkers, leaders, and builders in enterprise blockchain technology, the Enterprise Blockchain Awards (EBA) has unveiled its shortlist in four categories. Winners will be announced at the EBA Gala Dinner on April 24th in Toronto, which will bring together the brightest and best of the international community to celebrate both their achievements and opportunities.
May 3, 2019 | 8:30 am – 4:30 pm EST
- Speaker, HUE Tech Summit (Phila. PA). In keeping with the HUE “No More Hidden Figures” mantra, the 2019 theme for the summit is one word: FORTITUDE.
May 10-11, 2019
- Ethereal Summit-NYC (Brooklyn-TBC)
May 13, 2019
- Panelist, Black Blockchain-NYC Fireside Chat
September 9-11, 2019
- TENTATIVE, Black Communities: A Conference for Collaboration. The Black Communities Conference, a.k.a. #BlackCom2019, is a vibrant and uniquely important gathering featuring panel discussions, local tours, film screenings, workshops, keynotes, and more. Our core mission is to foster collaboration among Black communities and universities for the purpose of enhancing Black community life and furthering the understanding of Black communities.
September 9-11, 2019
- APPLICANT, Lesbians Who Tech & Allies New York Leadership Summit 2019.
January 19, 2019
Moderator, The Coloring of Law and Punishment panel at 2:00 p.m. in the UNH Law Rudman Center. The event is in partnership with The Black Heritage Trail of NH and NH Humanities. This event is a conversation about the consequences of incarceration on New Hampshire communities of color.
February 1-4, 2019
- Satoshi Roundtable
February 5, 2019
- Panelist, Women in Blockchain Event (Boston Chapter): Blockchain 101 Across Industries with networking opportunity to follow.
February 22, 2019
- Panelist, Wayne State Law Review Symposium: “The Emerging Blockchain and the Law” (with essay to follow, The Role of International Rules in Blockchain-Based Cross-Border Disputes) (Detroit, MI). Other panelists include Professors Aaron Wright and Carla Reyes.
February 28, 2019
- “The Art of the Startup“, sponsored by StartOut-Boston, which connects and educates LGBTQ entrepreneurs to empower great leaders and businesses. Register now (6:00-9:30, for panel and networking opportunity).
March 6, 2019
- Organizer and Panelist, South by Southwest EDU (Austin, TX): Educating Educators about Blockchain
March 16, 2019
- Organizer and Panelist, South by Southwest (Austin, TX): IP, Brand and Blockchain: Business on the Block
March 28, 2019
- Panelist, Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal Spring 2019 Symposium: Digital Art. Professor Evans will join a panel that explores and critiques how blockchain art and digital collectibles have changed art law (essay that extends her work in Cryptokitties, Cryptography and Copyright to follow).
April 5-6, 2019
- Panelist, Seton Hall University Law School’s Institute for Privacy Protection Spring Conference, Privacy Power, & Ethics. Professor Evans will present “Public Records, Privacy & Security on the Blockchain: Ethical Considerations of Web 3.0”. In this presentation, Professor Evans will explore the benefits of blockchains as a tamper-resistant, censorship-resistant, public repository for public record data and other types of authentic and certified information and promising governmental use cases that, despite their promise, implicate privacy and security concerns.
April 12, 2019
- Moderator & Panelist, Howard University School of Law Sesquicentennial to commemorate 150 years of “Leading the Fight for Social Justice”. Panel: Howard Law Outside the Law.